Faux Finishing Knoxville TN
Painting Faux Finishes
Our artists believe in quality which is why we offer the best products, materials, and faux finishes available. Creative Scenic Art offers many choices to complete the look of your animal sculptures, wood carvings, and other decorative art pieces.
About Faux Finishing
Faux finishing began over 5000 years ago as a way to replicate materials like marble and wood, with paint. In the classical period, an artist had to apprentice with a master for 10 years to learn the trade. Today faux finishing is a simple and popular process. Through the years techniques and materials have evolved, and faux finishes can be seen in business decor as well as residential properties.
Types of Finishes
- Marbleizing – As the name suggests, this mimics marble with a plaster or glaze technique.
- Graining – This is used to mimic types of wood that are costly or difficult to find.
- Trompe L’oeil – This is mostly used in wall art and murals to mimic architectural designs.
- Venetian Plaster – This popular technique gives the illusion of texture where there is none.
- Color Wash – This creates multiple hues of one color for a more natural look.
- Strié – This makes streaks appear in the colors to mimic certain materials like denim.
- Rag Painting – This involves a rag to create the illusion of texture.
Our finishes are eco-friendly and applied by a certified faux finish applicator to ensure top quality product. Best of all, our finishes are durable and fade resistant so that you can count on your art decor looking beautiful for years to come.
To begin picking your faux finish today call 865-414-8323.